Cake Vanilla January 03, 2019
Dirt Cake I
This is a great conversation piece at parties. Adults love it as much as the children do. Get a new garden trowel, medium sized flower pot and artificial flower at a craft store for full effect.
i have made this before but without confectioners' sugar and i mix my milk and pudding before adding the cool whip (otherwise the pudding mix lumps up)...Variations of this are a Halloween dirk cake: use Nilla wafers to make tomb stones and write on them with decorating gel, orange food coloring for cream mix, marshmellow ghosts and so on...Chrismtas dirk cake: use mint flavored oreos, use a glass dish for serving and line the sides with 2 inch candy canes, crush candy canes and sprinkle on top layer, marshmellos make perfect snowmen
Dirt Cake I
- PREP TIME
- COOK TIME
- TOTAL TIME
I made these for my daughter's kindergarten class and they turned out great - and tasty! We made this in individual plastic cups for each child and placed a worm in each one. My daughter made paper flowers out of construction paper and we taped them on the handles of green plastic spoons. Then we stuck the spoons down into the dirt, so the flower did double duty as the spoon. I can't wait for the occasion to make them again. UPDATE - We made these for her Halloween party and set Marshmallow (Peeps brand) ghosts on top. The kids loved them!Author: Tammy Hooper Serves: 10 servings
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 1/2 cups milk
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 (3.5 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
- 32 ounces chocolate sandwich cookies with creme filling
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1. Chop cookies very fine in food processor. The white cream will disappear.
- 2. Mix butter, cream cheese, and sugar in bowl.
- 3. In a large bowl mix milk, pudding and whipped topping together.
- 4. Combine pudding mixture and cream mixture together.
- 5. Layer in flower pot, starting with cookies then cream mixture. Repeat layers.
- 6. Chill until ready to serve.
- 7. Add artificial flower and trowel. Enjoy!