Meat pies with homemade ketchup
The ingredient of Meat pies with homemade ketchup
- 2 medium tomatoes, more or less chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- half of cup darkish brown sugar
- 2/3 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Coles Olive Oil
- 2 half tablespoons Coles Plain Flour
- 500g Coles Butcher red meat chuck steak, reduce into 1cm cubes
- 2 small onions, reduce into small cube
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled, cut into small cube
- 1 celery stalk, reduce into small dice
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon Coles Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Coles Worcestershire Sauce
- eleven/2 cups red meat stock
- three sheets frozen puff pastry
The instruction how to make Meat pies with homemade ketchup
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium heavy primarily based saucepan over high warmness. Coat meat in flour and brown properly in pan.
- Reduce heat to medium, upload 1/2 of the onions and garlic and prepare dinner for four mins. Add carrot and celery and prepare dinner a similarly 4 minutes. Add coriander, soy and Worcestershire sauce and prepare dinner until nearly dry.
- Add stock and cook dinner for 1 hour or till meat is tender and sauce is thick. Allow to cool. Thaw pastry.
- To make Ketchup: Puree tomatoes in blender. Heat last olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat and cook dinner onion for 5-7 minutes, until soft. Add the last substances and cook for 1 hour, stirring from time to time till thick. Season to flavor. Allow to cool.
- To gather pie: Preheat oven to 200C. Place pastry sheets on floured surface and roll out to 5mm. Cut 2 of the sheets into eight squares in total, for the bases. Cut the third sheet into 8 identical smaller squares for the lids. Set tops apart in fridge.
- Place every base into lightly greased normal muffin pan, prick more than one instances with a fork and fill with a small piece of foil. Bake for eight-10 minutes until just golden. Remove from oven and permit to chill. Fill every base with filling and top with a lid. Press down on facets to seal.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until pastry is golden brown. Remove from oven and funky a few minutes. Serve with ketchup on the facet.
Nutritions of Meat pies with homemade ketchupcalories: 1001.888 calories
fatContent: 47.2 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 15.9 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 70.9 grams carbohydrates
sugarContent: 23.7 grams sugar
proteinContent: 48.3 grams protein
cholesterolContent: 133 milligrams cholesterol
sodiumContent: 975 milligrams sodium