The earthy flavour of celeriac is offset by the sweetness of pumpkin in this nourishing winter soup.
The ingredient of Celeriac & pumpkin soup afterward blue cheese & pear toasts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1 (about 900g) celeriac, trimmed, peeled, quartered, thinly sliced, leaves reserved
- 500g butternut pumpkin, peeled, seeded, scratchily chopped
- 1L (4 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock or vegetable liquid gathering
- 1 small French bread stick (baguette), sliced crossways
- 100g Castello blue cheese
- 1 large Packham pear, cored, thinly sliced lengthways
The instruction how to make Celeriac & pumpkin soup afterward blue cheese & pear toasts
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan beyond medium heat. go to the garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until aromatic. grow the celeriac, pumpkin and stock. buildup heat to high and bring to the boil. condense abbreviate heat to medium-low and cook, covered, for 15 minutes or until the celeriac is tender. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool.
- Use a fix blender to puree until smooth, adding a little water if necessary. Cook over medium heat for 2 minutes or until cross through. Season gone salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, preheat grill roughly speaking medium-high. Place bread on the subject of with reference to a baking tray. Grill for 1 minute each side or until golden. loan toasts in the same way as blue cheese and top behind pear.
- Divide the soup in the course of serving bowls. pinnacle when the reserved celeriac leaves. Season taking into consideration pepper. assist subsequent to blue cheese toasts.
Nutritions of Celeriac & pumpkin soup afterward blue cheese & pear toastscalories: 411.08 calories
fatContent: 15 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 6 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 49 grams carbohydrates
proteinContent: 20 grams protein