Savour the flavour of loud Britain in the manner of this nourishing potato and leek soup.
The ingredient of Leek & potato soup as soon as blue cheese toast
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 leek, trimmed, halved lengthways, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 600g potatoes, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 1L (4 cups) Massel chicken style liquid hoard
- 250ml (1 cup) water
- 1 tsp dried thyme leaves
- Pinch of ring nutmeg
- 200ml pouring cream
- 1 small French bread stick (baguette), sliced crossways
- 150g soft blue cheese
The instruction how to make Leek & potato soup as soon as blue cheese toast
- Heat oil in a heavy-based saucepan on top of higher than medium heat. Cook the leek and garlic, stirring, for 3 minutes or until soft. mount up potato, stock, water, thyme and nutmeg. Bring to the boil. Cook for 15 minutes or until the potato is tender. Set aside to cool slightly.
- fusion half the potato mixture in a blender until smooth. Transfer to a clean saucepan. Repeat later remaining potato mixture. excite in the cream. Cook on top of higher than medium heat for 2 minutes or until outraged through.
- Preheat grill approximately high. Place bread in this area a baking tray. Cook out cold asleep grill for 1 minute or until golden. aim bread over. enhance similar to cheese. Cook out cold asleep grill for 1 minute or until cheese melts. Divide soup among serving bowls. Season gone pepper. pinnacle later toast.
Nutritions of Leek & potato soup as soon as blue cheese toastcalories: 388.853 calories
fatContent: 27 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 14 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 23 grams carbohydrates
sugarContent: 3 grams sugar
proteinContent: 11 grams protein
cholesterolContent: 59 milligrams cholesterol
sodiumContent: 1056.21 milligrams sodium