American flapjacks are thick pancakes, but this British version is quite different. Serve as a teatime treat, a healthy lunchbox snack, or a delicious breakfast with warm milk and fresh fruit.
The ingredient of Flapjack granola
- 175g unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp golden syrup
- 1/2 cup firmly packed (100g) soft brown sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 250g rolled oats
- 2 tbsp slivered almonds
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 50g raisins
- Pinch ground cinnamon
- Pinch ground cloves
The instruction how to make Flapjack granola
- Preheat the oven to 160u00b0C (not fanforced).
- Grease and line the base of a 26cm x 18cm baking tray.
- Place the butter, golden syrup, sugar and lemon juice in a saucepan over low heat until melted. Place oats, almonds, seeds, raisins and spices in a bowl, add butter mixture, then stir to combine.
- Press mixture into prepared tray and bake for 25 minutes. Turn out onto a flat baking sheet a further 15 minutes or until crisp. Cool, then cut into squares. Serve with warm milk and berries if desired.
Nutritions of Flapjack granolacalories: 553.524 calories
fatContent: 32 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 17 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 58 grams carbohydrates
sugarContent: 33 grams sugar
proteinContent: 7 grams protein
sodiumContent: 31.97 milligrams sodium