Pack a picnic with these easy strawberry and granola muffins topped with cream cheese icing.
The ingredient of Easy strawberry and granola muffins
- 1 cup (150g) self-raising flour
- 1 cup (160g) self-raising wholemeal flour
- 1 cup (130g) toasted muesli or granola
- 3/4 cup (165g) brown sugar
- 1 Coles Australian Free Range Egg
- 1 cup (250ml) buttermilk
- 1/2 cup (125ml) canola oil or vegetable oil
- 1 cup (130g) finely chopped strawberries
- 50g strawberries, coarsely chopped
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 125g cream cheese, softened
- 60g butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups (240g) icing sugar mixture
The instruction how to make Easy strawberry and granola muffins
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line twelve 1/3-cup (80ml) muffin pan holes with paper cases.
- Place combined flour, muesli or granola and sugar in a bowl. Stir to combine. Whisk egg, buttermilk and oil in a jug. Add to the flour mixture with the strawberry and gently stir until just combined (donu2019t overmix). Spoon evenly among the paper cases.
- Bake for 20-25 mins or until a skewer inserted into the centres comes out clean. Set aside in the pan for 5 mins to cool slightly before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, to make the strawberry cream cheese icing, combine the strawberry and sugar in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5-7 mins or until the strawberry softens and mixture thickens slightly. Remove from heat. Use a fork to mash until smooth. Set aside to cool.
- Use an electric mixer to beat cream cheese and butter in a bowl until pale and creamy. Gradually add icing sugar, in batches, beating well after each addition. Add strawberry mixture. Beat to combine. Spread evenly over muffins.
Nutritions of Easy strawberry and granola muffinscalories: 439.043 calories
fatContent: 19 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 6 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 60 grams carbohydrates
sugarContent: 39 grams sugar
proteinContent: 6 grams protein
sodiumContent: 255 milligrams sodium