Start your day with this healthy homemade granola and sweet roasted strawberry yoghurt.
The ingredient of Homemade granola with roasted strawberry yoghurt
- 4 cups (360g) rolled oats
- 1 cup (110g) bran cereal
- 1/2 cup (80g) pepita and sunflower seed mix
- 1/2 cup (60g) walnuts
- 1/2 cup (70g) slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup (95g) coarsely chopped dried figs
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 80g butter
- 1 cup (250ml) maple syrup
- 250g strawberries, washed, hulled, halved
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- 500g Greek Style Yoghurt
The instruction how to make Homemade granola with roasted strawberry yoghurt
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Combine the oats, bran, seeds, walnuts, almonds, figs, cinnamon and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Divide butter and maple syrup between 2 roasting pans. Heat in the oven for 5 minutes or until butter melts and is foaming. Add half of oat mixture to each pan and stir to combine. Bake for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and stir. Return to oven for a further 5 minutes. Repeat the process a further 2 times until granola is lightly toasted. Set aside to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, to make the roasted strawberry yoghurt, line an oven tray with baking paper. Place strawberries on tray. Sprinkle with sugar and drizzle with orange juice. Bake for 15 minutes or until strawberries are tender and releasing their juices. Remove from oven and set aside to cool completely.
- Place strawberries in a medium bowl. Use a fork to gently press strawberries to lightly crushed. Add yoghurt and gently fold to combine.
- Serve strawberry yoghurt with granola
Nutritions of Homemade granola with roasted strawberry yoghurtcalories: 687.842 calories
fatContent: 32 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 6.8 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 85.9 grams carbohydrates
sugarContent: 38.9 grams sugar
proteinContent: 16.8 grams protein
cholesterolContent: 22 milligrams cholesterol
sodiumContent: 118 milligrams sodium