Invite some friends around for a healthy brunch of crunchy granola and beautiful poached pears.
The ingredient of Crunchy granola with poached peaches & lavender honey
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup honey
- 125g unsalted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 1 cup flaked almonds
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp fresh grated nutmeg
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 cup craisins* (you can use sultanas or dried apricots if you prefer)
- 6 medium peaches
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 vanilla pod, split
- 125ml honey (preferably lavender honey*)
- 3 sprigs fresh lavender, (plus a few extra to garnish)
- Thick Greek yoghurt, to serve
The instruction how to make Crunchy granola with poached peaches & lavender honey
- Preheat the oven to 180u00b0C.
- Spread the coconut on a baking tray and toast in the oven for 5 minutes, tossing halfway through cooking to ensure it browns evenly. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Place the honey, butter and vanilla in a saucepan over low heat and cook, stirring, until the butter has melted and the mixture is well combined.
- Combine the oats, wheat germ, almonds, cinnamon, nutmeg and sunflower, pumpkin and sesame seeds in a large bowl. Pour over the butter mixture and toss well to ensure that all the grains are coated. Spread onto the baking tray and bake in the oven for 25 minutes, turning occasionally, until golden and crisp. Transfer to a bowl and toss through the coconut and craisins. Set aside to cool completely.
- To make the poached peaches, place the peaches in a medium saucepan with the cinnamon, vanilla, honey and lavender. Add enough water to just cover the fruit, then slowly bring to the boil. Decrease heat to low and poach for about 10 minutes until tender (the amount of time will depend on the ripeness of the fruit - test with a skewer to make sure they are cooked through). Transfer the peaches to a dish and set aside to cool slightly.
- Increase heat to high and reduce the cooking liquid by half (this should take about 5 minutes). Meanwhile, carefully remove the skins from the peaches.
- Strain the cooking liquid over the fruit and serve with the crunchy granola and a dollop of yoghurt. Garnish with the lavender. (The granola will keep in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.)
Nutritions of Crunchy granola with poached peaches & lavender honeycalories: 1085.299 calories
fatContent: 49 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 18 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 133 grams carbohydrates
sugarContent: 92 grams sugar
proteinContent: 20 grams protein
cholesterolContent: 52 milligrams cholesterol
sodiumContent: 27.64 milligrams sodium